Perfect for Sharing.
*This contest is now closed. Keep your eyes peeled for more fun things like this!*
We want to know what your Burrard is perfect for — and a picture’s worth a thousand words. Share a photo of your Burrard and we’ll enter you to win a $500 credit. Here’s how to play:
- Post a Photo of Your Burrard to Instagram!
- Finish the sentence “My Burrard is perfect for…” in your caption.
- Mention @article and add #BurrardSofa.
That’s it! We’ll draw our contest winner by 3PM EST on October 15th, 2018. The winner will be contacted via Instagram DM.
Psst. Love our header image? The lovely Charlotte Bridgeman can’t get enough cozy hours in on her Burrard.
1. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Contest runs until 15:00 p.m. Eastern Time on October 15, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Promotion.
Internet access and a public Instagram account required. You can enter the Promotion through Instagram by posting a photo of your Burrard item on your account and completing the sentence “My Burrard is perfect for.”
All entries must meet the following submissions guidelines (the “Submissions Guidelines”):
The entry must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or any of its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill associated with the Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The entry must be suitable for family audiences, including without limitation for display and publication on packaging and national television, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The entry must not contain any content that is or contains: unlawful behavior, profanity, explicit sexuality, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or is hatefully, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The entry must not infringe on the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased.
By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that: (i) the entry is your original work, created solely by you, and over which you have all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright; (ii) the entry has not been previously published; (iii) the entry does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased; (iv) any individuals appearing the entry have granted to you an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license in perpetuity to publish or otherwise use their likeness in the entry in any manner and media whether now known or hereafter devised; and, (v) the entry complies with the Submissions Guidelines. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
3. Eligibility. Eligibility to participate in the Promotion or to win prizes is limited to individual persons who have reached the age of majority in their state/province of residence at the time of entry. Limit one (1) entry per individual, regardless of method of entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Registrations or submissions generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion, and persons who were awarded a prize or received other promotional consideration from the Sponsor within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Entry Period are also not eligible. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
4. Selection of Winner. A random draw will be held at Article’s Vancouver Head office on October 15, 2018 at 15:00 pm EST from all valid entries received for the prize(s). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. All decisions and selections are final and binding.
5. Prize(s) There is 1 prize available to be won, consisting of:
Article Store Credit: $500
In no event will the total value of the prize(s) exceed $5,000.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the winner(s) in claiming or using their prize(s) will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded; no cash substitutes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if stated prize becomes unavailable for reasons not related to the winner. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties and like amounts connected with the prize(s).
6. Winner Notification. The winner of the Prize will be notified by Instagram direct message by 16:00 pm Eastern Time on October 15, 2018.
In order to be declared a winner, selected entrants must: (i) respond to notification of selection within [three (3) business days] of first attempt by Sponsor; (ii) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email at a mutually convenient time (for Canadian entrants only); (iii) sign and return to Sponsor within the stated time period a written declaration and release form, releasing the Sponsor and its directors, officers, owners, partners, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Promotion or the use or misuse or possession of any prize, or the merchandise for which it is redeemed (the “Release”); and, (iv) otherwise comply with these Official Rules.
Return of any prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach selected entrant or failure of selected entrant to respond to notification within [three (3) business days] of first attempt by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), release documents, or other required documentation (which may include an IRS Form W-9, if required by IRS regulations) in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question (Canadian entrants only), or other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited prize in accordance with these Official Rules, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
By entering or accepting any prize, winner allows Sponsor to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in the promotion constitutes participant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of participant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state/province for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
7. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for this Promotion, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. Sponsor, is not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials provided in connection with the Promotion. The Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected entries, or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures.
Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) with respect to residents of Quebec, to terminate, suspend or modify this Promotion, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Promotion, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Promotion, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Promotion, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize(s) from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
8. Winner’s List. Individuals may request the Instagram handle of the winner by submitting a direct message to Article (@article) on Instagram.
9. Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. SPONSOR MAKEs NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. By entering the Promotion, each entrant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize or any other substitute prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
10. Privacy and Use of Promotion Information. Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Promotion for the purposes of administering the Promotion and prize fulfillment. You may be offered the opportunity to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its products, and upcoming contests and promotions.
11. Social Media Platform. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.
Each entrant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (the “Social Media Platforms”), and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to this Promotion. Content provided in connection with this Promotion is being provided to the Sponsor and not to the Social Media Platforms. The Promotion, the Sponsor and any other company or product featured in connection with this Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any Social Media Platform.
12. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Promotion is TradeMango Solutions Inc. (doing business as Article) located at 1010 Raymur Avenue Vancouver, BC, Canada.